Any time, day or night – help is at hand.
Are you, or do you care for someone who often needs your help or who could be at risk? Do you worry they might:
- Be at risk from falls or accidents
- Be prone to confusion or panic
- Be at risk from scenarios associated with a health condition
Whatever your situation, Telecare adds an extra layer of protection around that person – providing an emergency response 24/7.
- Connect your device to our Telecare service. When the SOS button is pressed telecare is called.
- Our telecarers will assess the situation and arrange the most appropriate help from sending the emergency services to the person’s home or simply contacting a family member or a carer.
- If our telecarer cannot establish communications with the person they will automatically organise emergency services to attend.
- Telecare helps you or your loved one stay independent and at home for as long as possible.
How does it work?
Telecare at home is a solution recommended for people who would like to continue living independently in their own home, but who may also be at risk.
The service also provides reassurance to family and friends knowing that help is always available and provided if needed.
The telecare service requires either a telecare enabled device (such as the Doro 580 mobile phone) or a wearable device ( a pendant/wristwatch etc) which works in conjunction with a base unit. As standard, we provide a Care-Tech base unit which is available to either purchase or rent.
Standalone sensors can also be connected to telecare, to warn of things like fire or carbon monoxide, see below.
Note: If you already have a different type of base unit, but would like to use Amano Connect Telecare, please contact us to check if it is compatible: 01822 6000 60.
When the person is in need of help, they can press the SOS button on their device which will then automatically trigger an emergency call to our 24/7 telecare support team. Once the call is connected, our telecare support team will talk to the person in need of help.
Two way communication is possible through either the device’s own loudspeaker or the base unit’s microphone/speaker.
During this call, our team will assess the situation putting the person in contact with the most appropriate help; arranging emergency services to the person’s home or simply contacting a family member or a carer.
Note: If our Telecare support team cannot establish communication with the person they will automatically organise emergency services to attend.
Telecare Enabled Devices
We also have certain SMARTcare products (sensors and detectors) which can also be linked to the Telecare service, such as:
- Fall sensors
- Activity monitors
- GPS locators
- Temperature detectors
- Smoke detectors
- CO2 Detectors
- Enuresis (Incontinence) sensors
- Bed sensors (pressure mats)
- Chair sensors (pressure sensor)
View our Telecare Enabled Devices.