This policy (together with the documents referred to in it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any products (Products) to you including those listed on our website http://www.amanotech.com or http://www.amanoconnect.com (Our Site). Please note that there are specific terms and conditions for Products supplied under the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the Access to Work (AtW) programmes.
Please read these terms and conditions (Terms) carefully before ordering any Products from us. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms. We advise you to print a copy of these Terms for future reference. Please note that if you make a contract with a third party who is named or referred to by us or on our site, you should ensure that you are happy with the terms of that contract and take legal advice if necessary.
2. Information About Us
We are Amano Technologies Ltd (Amano or we or us), also trading as Amano Connect and Amano Computer Services, registered in England No. 06517183, VAT No. 101611676. Our Registered office address is: 8 Atlas House, West Devon Business Park, Tavistock, Devon PL19 9DP. Our postal address for all correspondence about your order is as follows: Customer Service Department, 8 Atlas House, West Devon Business Park, Tavistock, Devon PL19 9DP.
3. Service Availability
These terms and conditions only apply to people resident in the United Kingdom. Orders from outside of the United Kingdom will be considered on a case by case basis and separate terms and conditions agreed.
4. Your Status
By placing an order with us or through our site, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- you are resident in the United Kingdom.
5. How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
You can order Products from us at any time at www.amanotech.com. You can also order Products from us by phone on 01822 600060, our lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been successfully ordered (the Order Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
If the Products that you have ordered are no longer available, we may offer you substituted goods of a similar nature and quality. In this case, we will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed. If you do not want to keep the substituted Products within a reasonable timeframe from delivery you can cancel your order and we will arrange collection of such substituted Products from you (see Returns Policy, 11, below).
We shall endeavour to inform you of estimated delivery dates when you place an order. We will inform you of the estimated delivery timescales for the Products or these are indicated on Our Site. Please note that there will be an extended delivery period for deliveries not in the UK mainland.
Delivery times are between 8.00am and 6.00pm and we cannot specify an exact time when we will deliver. The delivery driver needs to obtain a signature for all Products and if you are unavailable to accept delivery, the Products may be left with a neighbour if they are willing to sign for them (please note that products supplied under DSA or AtW must be received by the named customer). Please note that Products cannot be left in porches, sheds or other places outside of the home. Most deliveries are attempted twice and the driver will leave a card stating when delivery will be re-attempted or if the Products have been left with a neighbour, or if the Products are available to be collected from your local delivery office.
Please note we cannot deliver to PO Boxes or BFPO addresses. For information on carriage costs or delivery timescales to offshore islands (excluding Isle of Wight, Isle of Skye, Jersey and Guernsey), please contact Customer Services on 01822 600060. For customers receiving deliveries and installation under the DSA programme please read our Cancellation Policy which is available on our website.
7. Risk and Title
The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
8. Price and Payment
The price of any Products will be as quoted in writing with you or on our site, except in cases of obvious error. These prices exclude VAT and delivery costs (see above), which will be added to the total amount due. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation.
Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product’s correct price is less than our stated price we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as incorrect pricing.
Payment for all Products must be by Worldpay, PayPal or Bank transfer. We accept payment by the following credit and debit cards: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Solo and Maestro. Please note that you must pay for the Products at the time you place your order. If you require the Products to be delivered to an alternate address other than that which your credit or debit card is registered to, we may need to verify your details before we can process your order.
Payment for DSA Products will be arranged directly with the funding body concerned where appropriate.
Images are used as a guide only, there may be Product variation. Please read the full Product description to ensure you purchase the correct Product, we may not be able to refund incorrectly ordered products.
10. Warranty and Liability
We warrant to you that any Products purchased from us or our site are of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of such kind are commonly supplied.
In the event that you purchased Products and you are acting for your own personal and non-business use and you have discovered that such Product is faulty within a reasonable timeframe from delivery by us, you can either contact the manufacturer of such Product and organise for the manufacturer to repair/replace/reimburse you for the faulty Product or you can notify us so that we can collect the faulty Product and arrange for a replacement/repair or refund of the price that you paid for the faulty Product.
With regards to the following Products: printers, multi-function machines, scanners, fax machines, digital cameras, laptops, PCs, hard drives, wireless networking, bluetooth adapters, widescreen monitors, TV/DVD, projectors, PC/laptop accessories i.e. mice/scroll tablets/keyboards/webcams, USB hubs, digital voice recorders, modem/routers (each a “Technology Product”), if a fault develops within a reasonable timeframe from delivery by us:
- if you purchased the Technology Product for your own personal and non-business use you may call us on 01822 600060 so that we can be of assistance, however, you may want to contact the manufacturer directly for a warranty repair or replacement. This is often the quickest way to have a fault resolved as they have trained personnel ready to help you trouble shoot any problems.
- if you purchased such Technology Products in your capacity as a representative of a business and for business use within 30 days of receiving your order please contact the manufacturer and once they approve there is a fault please obtain a fault or case reference number, call us and we will arrange for the item to be collected. If you have had your goods over 30 days, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions with regards to the return of the faulty Technology Product.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking the Contract is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product that you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the Contract. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits in any way our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
Please note that when you enter into a contract with a third party seller/supplier through our site, the seller/supplier’s individual liability will be set out in their terms and conditions.
11. Our Returns Policy
Refund Policy within the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCRs)
- CCRs give consumers an unconditional right to cancel an order within 14 days of receipt of goods. This is to allow the consumer the opportunity to examine the goods. If you wish to cancel an order please contact us on 01822 600060 for instruction on how and where to send the products.
- If you cancel your purchase under the CCRs you are required to return the goods to us, in the condition they were received, at your expense along with all original packaging and paperwork unless we have agreed otherwise.
- All goods are to be returned within 14 days of cancellation. We advise that the goods should be returned via a service that requires a signature upon delivery and proof of posting. Please also enclose a copy of your cancellation letter. Note: Basic outward delivery charges are only refundable providing we are notified within the CCRs 14 day cooling off period. The cost of returning items is to be paid by you unless we have agreed otherwise.
- If you do not return goods you will be charged all fees incurred for their recovery and your refund will not be issued.
- You will receive a refund of all monies paid for the Goods within 14 days of cancellation. We will not make the refund until goods have been returned and we will be entitled to deduct an amount from the refund if the goods have been unreasonably handled or appear to have been used.
The following Products cannot be returned unless faulty:
- items that we specially source for you, including software licences for more than 1 user.
- software specifically marked as non-refundable if you break the seal.
- software for which you have registered the licence, or which we have registered on your behalf (eg by assembling your computer system).
- any in-ear devices.
- any Products that have been specifically quoted for and ordered on your behalf and personalised, modified or customised to your requirements, for example, equipment supplied under the Disabled Students Allowance or Access to Work programmes.
If any items are damaged or missing from your order, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible on 01822 600060. Please call our Customer Services Team on 01822 600060 for advice on returning Products, eg equipment supplied under the Disabled Students Allowance or Access to Work programmes.
12. Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note that our Contract and all communications between us will be in English.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Amano Technologies Limited, 8 Atlas House, West Devon Business Park, Tavistock, Devon PL19 9DP. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, (we will notify you by email of any new postings), 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
14. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
We may not transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract without your prior consent.
15. Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use all reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these Terms, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
No waiver by us of any of these Terms shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
If any of these Terms or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Entire Agreement
These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. We intend to rely upon these Terms and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these Terms to be confirmed in writing.
19. Our Right to Vary These Terms and Conditions
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
You will be subject to the Terms in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to these Terms before we send you the Order Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
20. Law and Jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of Products from us or through our site, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law.