Support with Confidence – Plymouth City Council
Support with Confidence is a new scheme that has been set up and approved by the National Trading Standards Board.
Training, customer references and a selection of thorough background checks are required for accreditation approval.
The scheme helps you with:
- Self-directed support;
- Flexibility and direction to make the best choices around you or a loved one’s care and support;
- Reassurance that you are buying from a trustworthy business by only listing local businesses in the area that have been approved under the scheme;
- Offering you choice when selecting products- not narrowing you down to one product;
- Showing you what products are out there to help you;
- Living independently at home for as long as possible.
As an approved member of the Support with Confidence scheme, we have to:
- Abide by the Support with Confidence code of conduct;
- Follow very strict terms and conditions to make sure we provide our customers with the quality and care of service they deserve.
Amano Connect are listed under the Plymouth City Council authority – The ‘Plymouth Online Directory’.
Telecare Services Association
The Telecare Services Association (TSA) is the industry body for Telecare and Telehealth products and services. The TSA provides companies the chance to work together, coming up with new ways for people to remain independent at home for as long as possible.
As a supply sector member of the TSA, we:
demonstrate our commitment to professional standards, and delivering our services with the highest integrity, by signing up to the TSA Code of Conduct for Suppliers we commit:
- To act with integrity in all business dealings
- To treat suppliers, partners, customers and employees properly, and without discrimination
- To ensure healthy, safe and secure workplaces
- To deliver legally compliant products and services
- To compete fairly by prompting products and services in a fair, honest and balanced way, and not presenting competitors in an unfair light
- To handle complaints promptly and courteously
- To adopt environmentally sustainable practices and reduce their carbon footprint
- To ensure that any sub-contractors used by Supply Members are bound by the terms of this code
Amano is delighted to be considered a Dementia Friendly company. The Dementia Friendly initiative helps to encourage everyone to share part of the responsibility for ensuring that people with dementia feel understood, valued and able to contribute to their community.
At Amano we a particularly interested in the Dementia Friendly Home and can offer advice and assistive gadgets to help people living with dementia stay safe and well at home. If you require Telecare in Plymouth or West Devon do give us a call: 01822 600060
Amano holds the Two Ticks accreditation symbol from Jobcentre Plus. This symbol is awarded to employers in Great Britain who have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
The commitments we have pledged to uphold are:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities;
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities;
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment;
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work;
- To review the five commitments each year and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.